We offer a unique implementation of the hydrothermal liquefaction (HTL) technology that is ready to handle the decentral nature of biomass. Research has shown that HTL is one of the most energy efficient solutions for handling wet biomass streams. The key advantages of our technology are:
- A cost efficient and compact plant design with a footprint of just two 40ft containers capable of treating 4000t of dry matter per year.
- High efficiency thanks to novel heat exchangers and pumps that enable a heat recovery of upwards of 90%.
- The possibility to treat low dry matter feedstocks through a novel biomass assisted filtration technology.
- Scalable and modular plant design. Larger capacity needs can cost efficiently be met by adding additional units.
Bio2Oil ApS is involved in several projects regarding upscaling of the HTL technology, and we are open to new collaborations with the aim of promoting the technology. In addition, we have co-authored several research applications, and will consider participating in strong research consortia with the aim of securing funding for further research in improving and implementing the technology. These collaborations may include:
- Licensing. We offer licensing rights to our key IP rights related to improving pumping, viscosity reduction and heat exchange parameters in HTL plants as well as other thermochemical processes.
- Design and consultancy for full-scale plants: In collaboration with local partners, we offer to design plants from pilot scale to full-scale (a barrel a minute) plants.
- Joint ventures: We are already involved in joint-ventures, but do have the possibility to venture into new collaborations with a few geographical exceptions.